Safe from Harm for first-responders in humanitarian action
This humanitarian action e-learning aims to begin to educate Scouts as actors in Humanitarian Action with knowledge that may assist when responding to crisis while also keeping them Safe from Harm.
At the end of this e-learning course, you should be able to:
- Explain how Scouts can be involved in humanitarian action.
- Describe the relation between humanitarian action and Safe from Harm for Scouts involved in first-response.
- Be aware of the importance of ongoing training for a safe response in humanitarian crisis.
- Recognise the pillars of security when engaging in a humanitarian crisis.
- Identify prevention measures for the physical health and wellbeing of Scouts involved in response.
- Describe signs of distress and stress prevention measures considering the variety of actors involved.
- Be aware of recommendations on the interaction with various actors of humanitarian action.